Org Dashboard - Updates to Member Roles under Teams>Projects

Hello, @PMO team. In gathering feedback from the PMO and testing functionality in the Org Dashboard, there are a couple of requests I am outlining below. Ultimately, these changes will make it easier to view, update, and export member data. This should also be considered for Community or Committee roles.

Comment: In Teams>Projects (the new UI looks good, where you click on the project to view the roles vs. clicking on the number of roles) that is a nice update.

Suggested changes:

1. Make contact email visible in table next to LIFD if possible as hovering over the name to view the email address is not intuitive and long emails don’t fully display.
  2. The new UI does not look like it supports the ability to just view member roles OR just view community Roles only as they seem combined now but the Project teams need to be able to export a list of users in these roles. (I think the older UI from yesterday separated the views so an export functionality might have been easier). Is it possible to add functionality that allows someone to export this contact data so they have all of the information on one sheet (name, email, role, title, etc. )? Ideally, they can export all Member Roles OR Community roles separately.
  3. Consistency in naming conventions: Example, in Org Dashboard the role listed in the table for a voting contact is called “Primary Contact” but when adding a new role, that is called “Representative/Voting contact”. This is confusing because in SFDC, we have a voting contact and all OTHER roles that can have multiple people in that role, also have a concept of a Primary for that role. (like a primary billing, primary technical, etc.) I am not sure we need that logic anymore but it may reduce confusion if we rename the “Primary” in Org Dashboard to “Voting”

I am adding a doc with screenshots if that helps and I am happy to review on a call.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14_E6A78cyNwh0xfymqbUwzD9GpPBnl9leqWiLYW3Y0Q/edit?usp=sharing. (sorry, hyperlinking is not working)

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @Mindy_White. There is a feature that @Shubhra is adding under Teams>Employees. That view will allow you to filter by Committee Type, Engagement Activities and be able to view employees affiliations and/or if they have an LFID. We will be making a video for Org Dashboard for the All Hands and will include a module on Teams.

Jen

This would be huge, especially if we could do some filtering around the data. For example, being able to export the list of current Governing Board members for a given project; I did this before using the SFDC Google Sheets integration which made building lists like that for board slides or website listings a breeze ( and sometime automatic ).

It would be also good in that export to have headshot and bio in there if possible ( or if it could be a configurable option ). The use-case is when we would update a website listing of GB or TAC members, we need that data and pulling from PCC would mean a single point of truth.

1 Like

@Jen_Shelby also, to clarify my suggestion below, disregard the comment around renaming the role from Primary to Voting. After discussing with Dolan, it sounds like Primary is the right naming convention or “Primary/Voting” would even work.

Original comment: 1. Consistency in naming conventions: Example, in Org Dashboard the role listed in the table for a voting contact is called “Primary Contact” but when adding a new role, that is called “Representative/Voting contact”. This is confusing because in SFDC, we have a voting contact and all OTHER roles that can have multiple people in that role, also have a concept of a Primary for that role. (like a primary billing, primary technical, etc.) I am not sure we need that logic anymore but it may reduce confusion if we rename the “Primary” in Org Dashboard to “Voting”
Thanks!

@Mindy_White - Roger that. thanks!

Could we also introduce a column for Voting Status to the Teams>Projects dashboard? In one of my Projects, for example, we show 3 Technical Contacts, with the 3 folks also displaying TSC Committee membership. Of those, 2 are the Voting Representatives and 1 is an Alternate Voting Rep. This may also help clarify who the “Primary” Technical Rep(s) would be? Otherwise, you would need to go to the Committee to figure out why multiple Technical Contacts are listed…

@Brett_Preston good suggestion. I’ll add @Nadia_Shomali so that she’s aware of this.

Thank you @Brett_Preston for the feedback. Will add this suggestion to the backlog and will keep you posted

1 Like