Getting Started Introductions

Definitely!

I did a panel session on CNCF Mentees at KubeCon North America 2021. You can check out the video recording here. There’s an article for that too.

2 Likes

Hi @nicholas-karimi welcome to the community! That’s awesome! I know @Kenny_Paul was a great mentor :smiley:

I would highly suggest you check out our post mentorship guide post and maybe share how you are continuing to build on your open source experience or if you plan to work on ArchNav updates :slight_smile: Post Mentorship: Graduate Mentee Guide - #7 by John_Mertic

This is awesome! I’m not a big fan of heights but I used to be a runner and I’ve done a few studies on the benefits of running at high altitudes like Mount Kenya, and it really does help train your lungs. Great stuff, are you currently on the Paleo diet?

2 Likes

Thank you, @Henry_Quaye. You’re right, @Kenny_Paul is a super awesome mentor. He has been very instrumental in shaping my career post my internship. The ONAP community was too awesome for me to leave post mentorship. I still hang around, attending meetings and helping maintain up-to-date ONAP documentation.

This is awesome! I’m not a big fan of heights but I used to be a runner and I’ve done a few studies on the benefits of running at high altitudes like Mount Kenya, and it really does help train your lungs. Great stuff, are you currently on the Paleo diet?

Interesting, I also participate in marathons from time to time for a cause though :slight_smile: For the diet, yes, I have been observing the Paleo diet for close to 2yrs now. It’s been very rewarding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Mustafa. From time to time, I love to contribute to Open-Horizon, one of LF Edge projects. Happy to join you all!

3 Likes

Hi @mal-tekreeti welcome to the community :wave: :partying_face:!

2 Likes

@mal-tekreeti - Welcome! During your time working on Open-Horizon and LF Edge projects did you have a mentor?

Jen

Hello Jen, Thank you very much! Yes, I did participate in the 2021 Spring mentorship.

1 Like

Hi Everyone ,
I am Rishik Ram newbie in opensource community , I am interested in Learning about systems (computer architecture , OS,compilers) and contribute what i learned to community

Would love to learn more from you all! :hugs:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Rob. I got always thought I’d be a sysadmin until I got the coding bug.

I’ve written a few open source projects…

One is a device driver installer for Linux which pulls from GitHub, similar to the windows device driver installer at www.tuxconfig.com

The other is a platform for listing your open source projects which would like publicity etc at
www.codeforcontibutors.com

Little known fact about me. I got into coding the wrong way. Learning c++ and java before realizing how nice python is.

2 Likes

Hi!! My name is Imanol, and I am from Spain.

I am a Devops engineer, managing a few projects of Kubernetes adoption and mentoring a team of junior engineers getting into Linux, open-source, and the Devops culture.

I am gaining interest in the security field, reverse And malware analysis.

1 Like

Hi @Regaltos welcome to the community! Well this is the place to be, while you’re learning feel free to ask us any open source questions you may have, or share :wink: .

Glad to have you aboard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Roblet welcome to the community!

Very nice!

Hahaha :rofl: tell that to some game developers or Mr. semicolon :laughing:

1 Like

Hi @Imanol glad to have you in the community :love_you_gesture:!

I love it!

That’s a hot topic right now! We have a free training course on generating SBOMs that is pretty good: Generating a Software Bill of Materials (LFC192) - Linux Foundation - Training

Have you started dipping your foot in the security waters?

1 Like

@Imanol - Welcome to the community.

What do you enjoy best about mentoring others?

Jen

Hey Everybody!

I am Brad Tumy - Developer Community Lead @ IndyKite. IndyKite is building the Identity platform for Web3.0. We are open source and integrated with by using our fantastic SDKs. My role is to share our platform with the many developers around the world. I am working on building our community (IndyKite One) - learning from the great resources from folks like @jonobacon and others in the DevRel community.

One interesting fact is that I started playing hockey a few years ago at the age of 40. While I don’t think that I am going to get drafted to play in the pros anytime soon :smirk: I do have a blast playing.

Glad to be here and looking forward to collaborating with everyone!

1 Like

@Brad_Tumy - Welcome to the community

1 Like

Hi

I am Ravi Kamalendiran from Sri Lanka. Just joined the community and would like to learn more. How can i get on the phone with someone from the community and get more help on how my organization can contribute and benefit.

Thanks
Ravi

1 Like

Imanol, you should definitely check out our Mentorship programs inside LFX. We are always looking for good mentors.

2 Likes

Nicholas, I summited Kilimanjaro in 2002. What an amazing and unforgettable experience. Keep that one on your bucket list. That’s me on the right with two of my friends.

5 Likes

Yikes!

Now, this might be impressive folks…engaging in significant exploration excursions, but I met Tron guy once:

I think we can all agree here that I win.

2 Likes