Getting Started Introductions

Hi @Jen_Shelby,

Thank you!

1. Would love to know why kind of questions you get from Members- we’d like to support you as well.

Typical questions from members that we receive include:

• How do we access the organization dashboard?
  • How do we add a team member to the team/grant them access?
  • How do we update our email address?

Exploring the community now. A roster of links to our basic ‘Getting Started’ guides and/or how-to’s that I can direct our members to for troubleshooting would be amazing and helpful!

Just the cream cheese please…

Hey Folks,
I am Siddharth, a student developer from India.
I am here to show my love for open source. As of now, I am a newbie so exploring new stuff. I did make some side projects in Javascript and Python.
That’s all.
Btw I love reading non-fiction also I do dance sometimes…it’s too bad tho.
Glad I am here

1 Like
  1. I am Mark Gross.
  2. I work on leading Intel’s IoTG business unit on how we are evolving our enabling of planforms on Linux away from vendor trees and BSP’s toward upstream and OSV’s. It’s been a long road getting as far as we have so far but recently the markets have changed in ways that help us on this journey. We still have a ways to go.
  3. Since the home growing of cannabis became legal where I live I’ve started growing the stuff indoors in a small grow tent and have become a weed snob. (Carl Sagan is a role model for me in that respect)
2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Siddharth_Sabale That’s awesome! Glad you’re here! If you ever have any open source questions, feel free to ask! Exploring is the best way to learn!.. besides our Mentorship program :wink:

Hi @mark_gross ! Welcome to the community, and that’s great work!

I would love to know what OSV’s you use, are you using LFX Security?

Well… it looks like the you’re reducing the supply chain in more areas than one!.. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Canada Debate GIF by GIPHY News

1 Like

IoTG is starting with focusing on the OSV’s customers are asking most about. We are focusing on OSV’s who’s distros are common in edge and data center environments. (I don’t want to make any public endorsements on behalf of intel so I won’t name them here.)

My focus is on Linux kernel enabling and I’m not personally using Security but, it looks pretty useful.

@mark_gross Got it! If you plan on expanding your security scope from OSV’s to code secret detections, generated and scanned SBOM lists, and non-intrusive language scanning it may be worth the switch… but I am not a salesman :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Again, welcome to the community @mark_gross, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. You’re ganja have a good time :wink:

Uhg, dad joke. Ok, I earned it. :slight_smile:

FWIW I’m not new to the Linux kernel community. I’m not sure what the goal of this LFX twitter like thing is yet or why I took the bait and posted like I did.

I’ll look into the SBOM concept when I can.

2 Likes

Hello to every one,
I am Neji, a self-learner, learning about DevOps, web development, security and just exploring the open-source world.
And my love for Linux is endless, a year ago I completely shifted from Windows to being my main OS to Ubuntu, and there’s more and more to learn about it.
Technically not a computer science student but that doesn’t stop me from getting into this space.

3 Likes

@mark_gross Haha. :slight_smile:

Sounds good, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask or check out our documentation.

LFX Toolkit - Linux Foundation Documentation

Hi @Neji_Lee, that’s awesome! Welcome to the community sir.

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

1 Like

Welcom @Siddharth_Sabale. If you haven’t checked out the Training offers yet, that might be a great place to grow your skills in Javascript and Python
https://training.linuxfoundation.org/resources/

Thank You, sir :sweat_smile:

Hi everyone!

I’m Uchechukwu Obasi, a software engineer based in Nigeria.

I love the open-source, contributed to several open source projects within the Cloud-native community including Grafana and Thanos.

Guess what? I am a past LFX mentee!

I’m also a huge community person; love it when people come together to achieve a common goal.

Super excited to be here and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Excited Toronto Blue Jays GIF by MLB

3 Likes

Hola @everyone

My name is Abhay I am a final year computer science undergrad and incoming SDE at Zendrive.
Also I am a past LFX mentee with vitess.

Feels good to be part of this awesome community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome Uchechukwu! Sounds like you are off to a great start in open source. Is there one thing you learned about your time as a mentee that you’d like to share with the group?

Jen

1 Like

Hello Abhay. Glad to have you join the LFX Community. Congratulations on your senior year! :clap:t4:

Which project did you work on during your mentorship?

Jen

1 Like

Oh I worked on expanding the test suite for Vitess’s compatibility with Django.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Nicholas Karimi here from Kenya. I’m an LFX mentorship graduate under the LFN - ONAP project Check out my blog submission (POV: What it’s Like to be an LFN Mentee – LF Networking). The folks at the ONAP community are awesome, gifted, and very welcoming. I worked closely with @Thomas-Kulik from the Documentation Committee, @Chaker-Al-Hakim from the Architecture Committee. Greatly indebted to my mentor @Kenny_Paul - LFN - Technical Program Manager who has always been determined to help me succeed from the first day I was onboarded to the program.
I’m a proud LFX alumnus and super excited to be here.
An interesting secret fun fact about me? None. BUT, I love heights daring to conquer the Mount Kenya and Mount Kilimanjaro peaks someday, besides talking tech stuff, I’m a health pro (self-taught Nutritionist):slight_smile: advocating for a Paleo diet.

2 Likes