PCC is updating navigation based on feedback and observed user difficulty finding some pages. We are planning on releasing this in two phases: first the navigation categories and pages in them will update, and second, email forwarding will move underneath Domain management.
Have ideas on how we can continue to improve this? Comment below!
- PCC is re-organizing our navigation elements into Operations, Collaboration, Development, and LFX Tools.
- Email Forwarding is moving underneath the Domain management interface.
- Our original layout (Setup/IT Services/Tools) was an artifact of our internal PCC architecture (SFDC vs. ITX vs. LFX-tool-onboarding-APIs), rather than based on the “affinity” of different PCC functions from a user perspective.
- Committees (formerly in Setup) has a high affinity to both Meetings and Mailing List (formerly in IT Services). We recently moved Meetings to “Setup” so it could be with Committees; however user feedback suggests that “Setup” denotes one-time activities, which certainly isn’t true of Committees or Meetings, but also isn’t true other other elements of project configuration and management found in that section.
- Moving Email Forwarding under Operations and finally under Domains helps distinguish the role of email aliases (which is used for operational addresses like pr@, info@, legal@) from Mailing Lists (which are for the community), and prepares us for the forthcoming “Forwards v2” feature, which allows users to configure email forwards on domains other than their Primary Domain.
Subscribe to receive updates on this feature on our roadmap: https://portal.productboard.com/bqt1cgergoszsqheudb7leux/c/189-refresh-pcc-navigation-categories
View the product requirements document: https://confluence.linuxfoundation.org/x/dIW_BQ