LFX Platform Migration Notice & FAQ

Hello everyone! We want to provide an update on the upcoming maintenance release scheduled to start on Friday, June 16th at 5:00 PM PT continuing through Monday, June 19th at 5:00 PM PT.

This update has been in the planning stage since last year. To support growing business activities, optimize costs, and enable new reporting and auditing requirements, we are releasing a significant update to our LFX platform to decouple it from our business-customer-management-platform database. This new architecture provides flexibility for our member support, sales operations, and LFX product development teams to innovate faster, govern data better, and provide a better experience for our project communities.

We hope this transition is seamless and transparent to all our users. We plan on providing continuous updates over the weekend via our status page. During this period, we will have some products and services offline. Below is our FAQ guide that will hopefully answer any additional questions you might have.

Feel free to reply with any additional concerns or questions below :slight_smile:

Platform Migration FAQ

Training and Certification

The training and certification systems will be operational during the maintenance period. If you experience any issues with the training or exam portal, please contact the training support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org

Will I be able to log into my trainingportal.linuxfoundation.org and access my classes?

Yes.

Will I be able to purchase and enroll in a new class?

Yes.

Will I be able to schedule an exam?

Yes.

Will I be able to take an exam scheduled during the maintenance window?

Yes.

If I don’t currently have an LF account and need to create one, will I be able to purchase a new training or certification product?

We expect no issues with purchasing using a new account.

LF Login System

The LF Login system will be operational during the maintenance. If you experience any issues with logging in, you may use the ‘Contact Us’ link on any login screen to send support a message.

What will I see if I try to log into my account during the maintenance?

You will see the LF SSO login screen and will be able to log in. The availability of the app or service you are logging into will depend. Please see its specific section for more details.

Can I reset my password during the maintenance?

Yes.

Can I create a new account during the maintenance?

Yes, we expect new account creations to be operational during the maintenance period. However, the Individual Dashboard will not be accessible to update your profile.

LFX Tools

If you need urgent assistance with LFX Tools during the maintenance period, you can use support.linuxfoundation.org.

PCC

Will I be able to schedule or edit a meeting?

During the outage PCC will display a maintenance page for users and they will not be able to access PCC until the outage is over. Please contact support via support.lfx.dev if you urgently need to update a meeting.

Will I be able to resend an invitation?

No, during the outage PCC will display a maintenance page for users and they will not be able to resend invites. Please contact support via support.lfx.dev if you need to urgently resend an invite during this time.

Will my previously scheduled meeting be joinable?

Yes, your previously scheduled meetings during this window will still be joinable.

Will the stats of meetings during the maintenance be collected correctly?

Yes, the stats will still be collected accurately.

EasyCLA

Will the EasyCLA bot continue to run during the maintenance?

Yes, the EasyCLA bot will continue to check pull requests during this period.

Can I sign an ICLA?

Yes, ICLA workflows will not be impacted by this platform migration.

Can a CLA Manager access the CLA corporate console and sign a CCLA?

No, all LFX product portals will be temporarily down during this migration period.

Can a CLA manager edit the approval list of contributors?

No, the EasyCLA Corporate Console will be temporarily down during this migration period.

Organization Dashboard

During the outage, the Organization Dashboard will display a maintenance page for users and they will not be able to access it until the outage is over.

Individual Dashboard

During the outage, the Individual Dashboard will display a maintenance page for users and they will not be able to access it until the outage is over.

Insights

During the outage, Insights will display a maintenance page for users and they will not be able to access it until the outage is over.

Security

During the outage, Security will display a maintenance page for users and they will not be able to access it until the outage is over.

Mentorship

During the outage, Mentorship will display a maintenance page for users and they will not be able to access it until the outage is over.

Crowdfunding

During the outage, Crowdfunding will display a maintenance page for users and they will not be able to access it until the outage is over.

Events

Please use events@linuxfoundation.org for assistance.

Can I register for an event?

Yes, you can still register for an event from events.linuxfoundation.org

Can I edit a previous registration?

Yes.

Will there be any disruptions to events happening during the maintenance?

No, we expect the events will function normally during the maintenance period.

Webinars

Will I be able to register for a Webinar during the maintenance?

Yes

Will I be able to join a Webinar if there are any scheduled during the maintenance period? >

Yes, you should have no trouble joining a webinar.

LF and Project Jira, Confluence, and Gerrit systems

Will I be able to access my project’s Jira or Confluence?

Yes.

Will I be able to access my project’s Gerrit and make changes?

Yes.

Will support.linuxfoundation.org be available to create tickets?

Yes.

2 Likes