Release Scheduled: Monday, October 3, 2022
Hello everyone ,
Our LFX team has been working hard and we are excited to share what’s being released on Monday, October 3, 2022.
There’s a lot happening, and we hope that you will take a moment to look through the release notes below.
Don’t forget to hit ‘REPLY’ if you have any questions or comments regarding anything.
The upcoming Insights v2 release will include feature parity with v1, and will be fully integrated with our data lake infrastructure. Replacing Elasticsearch and Kibana has enabled us to introduce a completely new UX that features project trends and analytics on membership, events, webinars, and training/certification. Users will be automatically redirected to the new Insights v2 at launch.
- A new public Organization Contributor Index dashboard
- 100+ newly designed charts and graphs showing project growth, sustainability, and trends, all of which can be easily downloaded and shared
- 55 foundation projects have already been onboarded, including the Linux kernel and CNCF
This alpha release of Community Management lets project admins explore the people who are contributing to their communities. You can now identify and reach out to contributors who are:
- New to the community
- Your most active contributors
- Contributors who might be drifting away
- Find identity and profile matches, and tag project maintainers
- Directly send thank you messages to contributors
- Merge identities and find profile matches for contributors without an LF account
- Identify maintainers within your project and reward them with badges
A redesigned employee management dashboard makes it easier for members to identify and manage their employees. Members can now view project contributions based on multiple date ranges, and export data.
- View employees based on engagement (active, less active, recently joined)
- Ability to tag key project maintainers and OSPO contacts within your organization
- More robust data visibility and data lake integration
Insights v2 onboarding functionality for GitHub and big improvements to meeting management are featured in this release, including easier population of meeting attendees and committee members.
- Improved lookup functionality and ability to directly email committees
- Ability to manage sub-committees
- Data lake integration
Support for LF Europe added, and enabled multi-currency support in Join Now, CRM and NetSuite.
Continued data cleanup, and built out maintainers and OSPO leaders database.
Supported the project formation team to get PyTorch quickly spun up in PCC, Organization Dashboard and Insights. Working with Meta on transition for EasyCLA and Security tooling.