Experience using Meeting Management for the first time

I also tried the Meeting Management tool in one of my projects, and seemed like overall it went well. I posted information about this in a different thread, but I’m not sure how to link threads so I will re-post and add a little more context.

So, first of all, I made the meeting private, and attached with a groups.io committee (I think this is a requirement?) Then I realized that we have folks drop in on this meeting who might not be on the list, so I made it public.

We have an automated Slack bot that shares the link to the meeting 15 minutes before it starts. But it had the link from the existing legacy Zoom accounts for the project. Therefore I posted not to use that link, and I posted my Zoom link instead. But the funny thing about that is that since the links are personalized (which I didn’t realize), everyone who used the link I provided was “Neal Caidin” when they logged into Zoom! It was pretty funny, but shows the need for a way to share a link for a public meeting that can be published publicly (unless there is another way to solve this problem.)

Also, the host for this meeting cancelled at the last second, so he asked me to jump in. Fortunately it was easy to find the host key for the meeting. I think we will continue to use this for our repeating meeting, but would like to solve the Zoom link sharing issue.

I looked on the LFX meeting documentation and didn’t see anything about the scenario of how to share a public meeting URL.

Looks promising!

2 Likes