CNCF data in LFX Insights

Can we have the CNCF data also in LFX Insights? Handling both LFX Insights and https://devstats.cncf.io/ is more difficult than handling only one tool.

2 Likes

The LFX Engineering team is currently working on Insights v2 to meet the scaling needs of CNCF (on top of adding features like repgroups). I expect this work to be done by later in the summer

3 Likes

Thank you for your response @cra , @GergelyCsatari I’ll keep you up to date with this.

Adding @sgupta for visibility.

2 Likes

HI @GergelyCsatari,

@cra is right we are working on a next version of Insights that will be able to perform and scale well for all the LF projects and that includes all projects under the CNCF umbrella. We are in our last stages of QA and hope to release the Insights v2 around the first week of July. I will work with @Henry_Quaye to get a detailed release schedule published in the coming days. Stay tuned!

Best,
Sachin

1 Like

Reviving this thread. Is there a data export capability available or planned for LF Insights similar to https://devstats.cncf.io/? Or is DevStats the solution (at the moment at least)? I am doing some research on OSS project characteristics and interested in stats like number of contributors/contributions, comments, etc.

Hi @John_Pritchard welcome to our community :cowboy_hat_face:,

Currently, we can download the graphs and charts for presentation use cases. But we currently do not have the ability to download the csv of all of our data or connect to an API to grab data, this is something I believe we have planned down the road.

Would the ability to download a CSV for all of our charts be an answer to your data export capability question?

@Chaitan tagging you here for visibility, any thoughts?

And for your research, you can use our charts and graphs found here: Insights

Thanks for the update @Henry_Quaye . In my case I’m interested in looking at time series data to tell a historical story, contributions by organization over time for example. The DevStats site leverages Grafana so you get all the query building/export capabilities native to that tooling. Is the intent to maintain DevStats for this level of data access or will LF Insights offer something similar?

@John_Pritchard ahhh understood. As it is right now this is not possible through Insights, but this would be possible for LF members on Organization Dashboard under project contributions.

I would stick with devstats for now, but @Chaitan and @ProdMgrs this is a good use case to take into consideration and add into our product roadmap.

Thank you @John_Pritchard