LFX Mentorship - managing Outreachy, GSoC, etc

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share with you how the Enarx project is using LFX Mentorship. We not only want to manage mentorships provided through LFX, but we are also using the tool itself to manage other initiatives like Outreachy and Google Summer of Code (GSoC):

Happy to share ideas and tips on this regard.

Kind regards,
Nick

P.S.: We are looking for mentors and invited speakers. Please get in touch if interested!

1 Like

Great write-up @NickVidal!
LFX Mentorship is a great way to give back and develop new potential talent.

To make the most of your program once your mentees have completed the program has CNCF thought of some ways to keep mentees engaged after?

I wish we had a mentorship program as developed as CNCF’s! :slight_smile:

But we hope to create a mentorship program where mentees become mentors, thus creating a virtuous cycle.

1 Like

@NickVidal Congratulations on Enrax’s first Mentorship program! :partying_face:

@Megan_Lehn brought up a great point in her topic here:

If we can better understand the future plans for our mentees, we can cultivate a stronger relationship with them. We are working on developing an LFX Mentorship and LF Training partnership to offer discount codes for training material that may be of interest to mentees. So offering discount codes and free training material to mentees can be a great way to keep in touch!

Another great way to possibly build relations with graduating mentees and even attract future mentors for your project is holding a Mentorship showcase event. Highlighting your mentee experience and accomplishments with other contributors or partners associated with your project.

LFX is holding a mentorship showcase using LFX Events on the 12th and this is great for highlighting mentees and also potentially attracting future mentors.

If you have time, I would definitely signup for the showcase!

From your efforts and our few conversations, I have a good feeling your program be great Nick!

1 Like

Thanks @Henry_Quaye, looking forward to the LFX Mentorship Showcase!

1 Like

My pleasure @NickVidal and likewise!

Happy So Excited GIF

I am with the Accord Project and we are interested in setting up a Mentorship Program. I have read through the Docs and I am still unclear on some aspects. The Docs refer to a stipend and I se reference to a $6,000 stipend and a no stipend mentorship - In looking further it seems that the stipend can be tied to Crowdfunding - So for example if wanted a program with a $1,500 stipend would we setup up a Crowdfunding link for $1,500 and fund it that way and then the Mentee would receive the stipend through the platform??

Hello @Tom_Brooke welcome to our community! Yes!

Funds gathered through crowdfunding should be set up for a specific or general usage category, if your $6,000 stipend is all allocated for your traveling fund, you would not be able to see any part of the stipend for mentorship.

Correct, @Chaitan do you have any additional insight here?