Feature Request: Clean URLs for myorg.lfx.dev

When I log into myorg.lfx.dev I usually get dumped into some company like say Amazon and then I go into the search box and change the org to “Google” I get this URL:

This is just not shareable in any fashion, ideally have something like “LFX” would be great

Hi @cra :wave: , this is a good point. @Chaitan or @ProdMgrs is there any reasoning for the URL being set to myorg.lfx.dev/dashboard ?

Hi @cra , thank you for the feedback. The initial idea when it was first designed/launched was perhaps not focussed on the “sharing” functionality. We have work items in our product backlog focussed on sharing, specifically, reports and I have included this requirement for “url sharing” in our product backlog.

Is there a way to prioritize this? it makes it really hard to share URLs with folks. Use URLs instead of session

1 Like

Howdy, folks! I’d like to give this a huge +1. If there’s any way this can implement REST-style endpoints (ex. /member/google/) so that we can use LFX as a reference tool, it’ll be much more helpful to teams (and members) within the CNCF.

Right now, I cannot reference LFX pages with my internal team.

1 Like

Hi @onlydole welcome to our community.

I believe having a way to share specific links to the dashboards on Organization Dashboard will be important.

Quick question, do you have external members that have access to Organization Dashboard and are currently checking the tool?

I ask because I believe internally we have access to multiple Organizations but external users will only have access to their organization.

@Chaitan can this be added to our roadmap? I have submitted the idea under here: Under consideration - LFX Product Roadmap for Projects | Product Roadmap (productboard.com)

1 Like

Howdy, Henry!

I don’t have any external members currently using the organization dashboard. I have some feature requests for that context that I’ll open up other threads for.

Thank you for your help, and I’m happy to meet to discuss more.

1 Like

@onlydole got it, thank you :slight_smile:

Sounds good, create a thread on any of your requests and we can discuss and have our devs take a look into it.

Hi @cra, @onlydole,

This capability of URL sharing has been scoped in and included in our roadmap for execution. I don’t have the exact timeline yet but as soon as I have it, I shall come back to you on this. Thank you for your suggestions and patience with me on this.

@Henry_Quaye

Best Regards,
Chaitan
Product Management

2 Likes

Thank you, @Chaitan - please let us know if there is any beta testing on this front and I’d be happy to test it at that point.

Hi @cra thank you for the recommendation and your patience, wanted to spin back and let you know we’ve just released this update out to Organization Dashboard!

Hi @onlydole @cra @Henry_Quaye ,

This is in production! Users can now share the url of your dashboard with their colleagues will inturn allow them to view their company specific dashboards.
cc @Kylie_Sirico

1 Like

It would be awesome if you can do a quick demo here or an example link.

I will try it out later :slight_smile:

Hi @cra, here are a few examples using the membership and training pages in Organization Dashboard for Microsoft:

Here’s a link: https://myorg.lfx.dev/microsoft_corporation/project/project-group/a0941000002wBz4AAE/project-contributions?date_range=last_12_months

Thank you, awesome!