Linux.com Email question

Greetings,

I want to set up a linux.com email, Alias. It says “$150 for a lifetime alias” When I go to purchase, there is a check box for “Auto-renew every 12 months.” So is it a lifetime alias or a $10 a month alias? I’m confused by this. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Mike_Walker welcome to our community :wave: .

Good question, I’ll check with some colleagues and get back to you.

2 Likes

Hi @Mike_Walker the If you’re currently an Individual Supporter, you have the option to purchase a Linux.com email alias for life. Lifetime Email Add-On is a one-time fee: $150.00” and CTA button “Purchase Lifetime Email".

To get the email alias, you will need to be an individual supporter wich is $99 a year.

You can find more information on benefits for Individual Supporters here: Individual Supporters - Linux Foundation

I hope this could help, please let me know if you have any other questions. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This does help @Henry_Quaye . Thank you for the information.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Do you know if this has changed now? I have (today) just enrolled (I’ve paid the $99 for a yearly subscription) and have been given the option to purchase an @linux.com email alias.

From reading the above message, it sounds (to me at least) that the “life time” email address (alias) will be “forever” (eg. if, due to financial circumstances next year eg. I’m unable to renew) that I will still retain my personal @linux.com email alias but when I attempt to register for one, the checkout screen seems to suggest that I will have to maintain a yearly subscription at $150 for the email alias too?

Here is what I am referring to:

Can you confirm if this is (or isn’t) the case?

Thanks in advance and sorry for re-opening an old thread (I have only done so as per the context).

Bobby

2 Likes

Hi @ballen welcome to our community :smiley:

Great question, from my understanding as an individual supporter once you pay the initial fee of $150 you should have the email alias for life.

@HeatherWillson can you confirm here? Is there any new renewal process for the email alias we should be aware of?

2 Likes

That is correct @Henry_Quaye @ballen Once purchased, the linux.com email address does not have to be renewed in the future, and does not require an active Individual Supporter subscription to function. Linux.com Email Forwarding - LF Product - LF Confluence

2 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation guys - I really appreciate it! @Henry_Quaye @HeatherWillson

2 Likes

No problem! @ballen

Hi Henry, My linux.com email ID alias seems to be hacked, how and whom can I reach out? I tried to DM, but I cannot.