The LFX Individual Dashboard is your self-service hub for your open source activities, and it is a good idea to visit and update your dashboard a few times per year.
The Individual Dashboard is where you build and establish your open source profile, manage your credentials, and contact details, display badges for completing certifications and other accomplishments. More importantly, it is how you ensure your project contributions are being recognized.
Most importantly, this allows you to control your data, share the information you want to share, and keep private what you wish.
(FYI – if you do not already have an LFID you will need to create one. Click on the Create Community Profile button at the top of the LF website.)
Periodic review of your Individual Dashboard ensures your contributions are acccurate and will be recognized by your organization and your peers including:
- Technical and Ecosystem contributions across projects
- Your affiliations and identities are up to date
- Showcase presentations from speaking and conference engagements
- Display badges and certifications
Think of the Individual Dashboard as your open source resume.
- Log in to LFX and review any identities that the LF has populated and verify the information and edit anything that needs to be corrected.
- Connect your GitHub accounts to populate and verify the technical contributions to your Linux Foundation projects.
- Next connect your LinkedIn account to populate work history and ensure project affiliation(s) reflect your contributions as an employee or individual contributor.
- Ensure that your basic information is up-to-date, update any email addresses, and upload a recent profile photo.
- Review the visibility settings.
Most importantly, this allows you to control your data, share the information you want to share, and keep private what you wish. Access is available here.
Additional information and documentation for Individual Dashboard is available here.
Cheers, and let us know how you are doing!