The holidays are approaching, and we have all been busy finishing up projects, building reports, or even benchmarking for the new year… yet we continue to contribute!
As project maintainers, leads, contributors, or supporting organizations, we all may contribute in various ways for separate immediate reasons.
Here are a few prompts, based on your role please answer…
1. As a project maintainer, in determining top contributors using the Community Leaderboard on Insights, which metric would you filter?
- Code (Commits/ Lines of Code)
- Pull Request (reviewed/ merged)
- Issue management (submitted/ resolved)
- Confluence (Documentation)
2. As an affiliate or OSPO for a supporting organization, on Organization Dashboard as it is now, you can view your employee contribution leaderboards by commits in your dashboard over all your contributing LF-hosted projects…
- No, commit contributions are sufficient.
In Organization Dashboard you can rank contributors in your organization by other metrics, as shown below, for a specific project, in ‘Project Contributors’.
3. As a contributor, if you were viewing a project’s technical metrics which overview would you select to determine top contributors?
- Commit overview
- Pull Requests Management overview
- Issue Management overview
From your perspective which contribution metric do you prioritize most in defining top contributors?
HIT REPLY, LET’S VOTE AND DISCUSS!