Getting Started Introductions

Could someone share with me where it is best to post questions about technical problems encountered when training for the LFCS and LFCE? I’m having trouble downloading CentOS Stream 8 successfully. Thanky…

Hi @kassane welcome to our community! Are you currently involved with any networking open source projects?

What exactly is the criteria for a networking open source project at LFX? Is it building some kind of networking software? Or gathering people together in the same physical space to share their dev stories and learn about their colleagues face to face? I’m following up on the phrasing of Henry’s question: Are you currently involved with any networking open source projects?

I’d like to know more about what that means here in this forum. Thanky…

Hi @Burtrand_AF_Paulie this may be a great topic to bring up under a General Discussion thread!

We have some project maintainers and other admins and contributors for projects under LFN that may be able to help guide you.

hello everyone,
1)My name is Sahil and I’m currently a freshman at university of Mumbai I’m a newbie in the world of open source technology let’s get connected on linkedin
2) I’ve done some basics of HTML, CSS but have not created any projects but I would love to collaborate with anyone and start my journey in open source.
3) Fun fact: I applied to GSOC this year with only knowledge of html and css.

1 Like

Hi @sailorworks welcome to our community!

That’s awesome! Community is a great way to get started in your professional journey! I’ll be sure to add you on LinkedIn and feel free to reach out in our community anytime if you have any questions for anything.

This is great! Did you also know the Linux Foundation also has a mentorship program with LFX Mentorship??

You can check out our programs accepting applications here: Mentorship (linuxfoundation.org)

I think getting into a program will be a great start to your journey, and staying active in the community could only help :wink:

I was wondering what technologies are required to get started with open source other than full stack coz everyone is doing that and I want to do something different from the mass and be valuable in market at the same time although I’m currently doing data structures.

Great question @sailorworks ! This may be a good question to ask our community members here: Latest LFX General Discussion topics - LFX Community Forums

We have several project maintainers and contributors that could help steer you in the right direction :slight_smile: . My general advise would be, to first find a open source project you are interested in since each project utilizes different languages.

Also looking through the LFX Mentorship application requirements may be another good way to gauge other potential languages to lear :wink: .

Love your initiative to learn @sailorworks :love_you_gesture:

Thanks for the insight, I’ll put this question in the mentioned community too and I’ll also go through the projects requirements

1 Like

Hello @sailorworks - I would also recommend you check ouu the LF’s free training courses. There are quite a few to choose from.

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/resources/?_sft_content_type=free-course

1 Like

hi @Jen_Shelby thanks for recommending these courses

Hello everyone!

My name is Ali. I have been in networking & telecoms side of the IT for the last ten(ish) years. I grew interest about open source project when I was setting up my wireless ISP business and I largely benefited from open source projects and community until I grew affinity with developing… And here I am.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @Ali_Omar welcome to our community :partying_face: .

This is what we’re all about! Love to see you still interacting in open source🤟

2 Likes

Hi Jono, is “Baron Carta” a kind of riff off of “Magna Carta”?

1 Like

Definitely not on my bucket list, Derek. But impressed that you did that and sounds like it was a great experience for you. Congrats!

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I’m Jerald Roy and a self-learner
Currently into web development and blockchain my love towards learning in public has brought me here and I’m excited about it.
Great at teaching others about the things that i have learnt and also a passionate learner :blush:.

2 Likes

Hey @jerald_roy welcome to our community!

I think the diverse problems blockchain can solve is amazing :smiley:

I love it! Are you contributing to any open source blockchain projects? Or any blockchain projects you find interesting?

1 Like

Hello @everyone, glad to be here. my name is Armstrong Enefe, a backend developer, currently, as a side project. Currently, I’m making research on which micro-saas project should I focus on because the market is crowded and it requires a lot of research to build a salable product.
I am open to IoT projects and how they can be injected as a service.
stacks: Php(Laravel), Python(Django), Vuejs, Docker, and Kubernetes

1 Like

Welcome @Armstrong_Enefe. You may find this resource page on the LF website to help identify IoT/Embedded open source projects- https://www.linuxfoundation.org/projects/. You can also go to LFX Insights and look at the trends and metrics for any of these projects.

Let us know if we can help!

Jen

1 Like

Thanks, @Jen_Shelby. It’s great to be here

1 Like